The Brothers Karamazov

"Actually, people sometimes talk about man's 'bestial' cruelty, but that is being terribly unjust and offensive to the beasts..."
Fyodor Dostoyevsky

Friday, January 13, 2012

The 1% Are the Good Guys

Yup! What constitutes the make-up of the so-called 99% OWs needs some serious 'splainin. To think singling out a township sized passel of money barons as pure evil lets the rest of us off the hook, is ludicrous. A Corporation is more than the CEO; a bank more than its President. Lots of somebodies do the dirty work for the dough and/or the prestige. So perhaps as few as 1% of the population should be included in the ranks of the Good Guys, the other 99% well...

As a Nation, we total roughly of 300 million souls as of the 2010 census. Quick math shows 1% to be about 3 million. For our purposes this figure will represent approximately the number who fill the ranks of the Good Guys. Check the following to see in which camp you might find yourself.

[ You may be among the 1% who are the good Good Guys if: ]

* you refuse a vote to a Congressperson who just promises more pork for your district.

* you question why we need 750 bases around the world.

*you will not engage in blood sports, fishing and hunting, for entertainment; just for food.

*you refuse a job with a 'fracking' company.

*you refuse to own shares in a company whose profits come from the oppression of workers.

*you support a charity that's not tax deductable.

*you will not purchase any sea food on the endangered species list.

*you reject contributing to the war effort by shopping.

*you refuse to sell the family farm to agribusiness or developers.

*you will expose your favorite pastor or coach upon evidence of immoral or illegal activities.

*you consider torture unAmerican.

*you think Google is God.

*you DON'T think Google is God.

[ You may NOT be among the Good Guys if:]

*you are a neo-con who wants to rule the world.

*you work for a company which manufactures land mines, hand grenades, a-bombs, etc.

*as a trucker you haul land mines, hand grenades, a-bombs, etc.

*you go to college primarily for job prospects and not to become educated.

* you manufacture drone planes when you know they are not intended for defense purposes.

* you mine uranium.

*you vote for politicians who promise you things rather than stand for things.

* you prefer companion animals to human beings.

* you consider global warming from a political rather than a humane perspective.

* you order a crop dust knowing workers are in the fields.

* you support oppressive regimes because of their oil, ideology or religion.

* you are a tease, female; or a lech, male.

* the idea of conservation annoys you; gas rationing makes you homicidal.

* you are a vulture capitalist or corporate raider.

*you have a net worth of one billion dollars and just want a teensy bit more.

Now you know what group you fall into. If you're a Good Guy, yeah! If you are unhappy with the result, what are you gonna do about it? Will you remain a camp follower or clean up your act and be part of the 1% ...the Good Guys.

No comments:

Quoth the Raving



Julius Caesar

Veni,Vedi,Vici...Sidi ( I stuck around )

Uncle Sam


....Zero Gravitas

Quoth the Raving

All I know, all any of us know, is what we're told.

...Zero Gravitas


Quoth the Raving

If it walks like a depression, talks like a depression, and looks like a depression; it's a recovery.

...Zero Gravitas

Nice paint job

Nice paint job
Watch your step!

Quoth the Raving

Full scale War in Korea; we called it a Police Action
Police Action in Iraq; we call it a War.

...Zero Gravitas


Gene Pool?

Gene Pool?

Quoth the Raving

Ecology is an impending Black Swan quagmire therefore incorporation is anathema to Economists.

...Zero Gravitas


Quoth the Raving

An incoming US President who does not immediately resign his office after having received eyes-only briefings of what's really going on is hopelessly co-opted or delusional.
....Zero Gravitas

Quoth the Raving

We are now a nation of middlemen. What becomes of us if the center cannot hold?

....Zero Gravitas

Quoth the Raving


Why not use some of the red ink to make things Green?

....Zero Gravitas

"Ashes to Ashes"

"Ashes to Ashes"